Welcome to the genealogy site for Mills, McLaughlin, Radloff, Ruth, and
related families! I'm Cairril Mills. Much of the info on this site comes
from the files of numerous generous relatives.
Please make a donation!
If you benefit from this site, I'd really appreciate your help in keeping it going. All donations go towards web hosting, Ancestry.com membership, vital records, photocopying, postage, etc. Donations in any amount are welcome. I really appreciate your help!
to those who have supported my research with generous financial donations.
We have over 5,000 people in these files, with an emphasis on colonial
American families and European royal lines, in addition to our direct
lines of research. An asterisk (*) indicates a person in our direct line
if you have information which you would like to see posted here, or have
corrections or questions. It's relatively easy for me to make ancestry
charts, so if you'd like a chart showing from whom you're descended, just
let me know.
Because updating thousands of records online is an arduous task, it only
happens once a year or so. In the meantime, I continue to gather info
for my personal files. For this and privacy reasons, my personal files
contain much more information than what is posted. Please
•  For the last several months I have been working on a transcription of several interviews I conducted with McLaughlin descendents who describe their everyday life growing up in the Calumet Region. I am a very slow typist so I'm not sure how long this will take.
•  I have updated my personal files with 1940s census information. I have some more research to do before I upload these latest changes to the website.
• John Seggerson's account of his family's experience of the 1918 flu pandemic is now in the History section 
• The photo gallery has been completely overhauled. It now includes hundreds of images, they are larger, and they reside on Facebook so you can leave comments and questions. Check it out! 
• The induction ceremony for Tony Mullane will take place over the weekend of 17 July! 
• Major update to family groups: Extensive new information on Mills and McLaughlin lines using census records; biographical information for Sister Dolores Marie McLaughlin; updates to French and English royal lines 
• Added signatures and headstones, Count Mullane photo to photo gallery 
• Tony Mullane has been elected to the Cincinnati Reds' Hall of Fame! Read more about it here and here. 
• Updates made to The Pilgrim Story [Feb 2008]
• Tony Mullane memorial appeal launched [Dec 2006]
• Updates to the Photo Gallery,
all on the Mills side of the family, mostly of Elsie and Arnold Mills.
See 1920s, 1930s,
1970s, and 1990s.
• An off-topic but fascinating historical tidbit about Viking
shipwrights was added to the History section [Dec 2006]
• Updates to families including Conces, Mullane, Ruth, Wilder, White,
Vassall, St John, and Granger [July 2005]
• Extensive updates have been made to European royal lines, particularly
those earlier than the 12th century [July 2005]
• A new biography has been added to the History
section. A sketch of the life of Colonial maverick William Vassall, it
also includes information on Judith Vassall White, Susannah Fuller White
Winslow, Edward Winslow, and the early power struggles within the Plymouth
and Massachusetts Bay Colony churches. [July 2005]
I'm particularly interested in hearing from folks with info on the Ruth,
Mullane, Junke, Koselke, Pezkoski, Loucks, Messenger (pre-Andrew), Stiller,
Schworm, and Radloff lines, and any additional information on William
McLaughlin and Bridget Mallone McLaughlin in New Jersey (the first McLaughlin
You can click
on any of the buttons above to navigate the site. Here's where each one